View Single Post
Old 2012-10-23, 7:26am
Marble Lover

Bless,

Tubing:
Candice ( PatientHand ) heard I was going to Asheville, NC for vacation and hooked me up with a dear friend of hers that makes Neon signs. The Neon tubing she uses is 90COE, or very close to it. I was able to buy some of the raw tubing from her. A friend of mine sent me some Bullseye scraps she had from fusing/slumping that I will try to melt into stringers to use on the ornaments made from this tubing.

Buying pre-made points:
I had no idea someone sold these until I saw some videos on YouTube. At least I think that is where I saw them. I believe I was searching on "pulling points glass tubing" or something like that and found some videos of people doing it then mentioning that they sell them pre-pulled. I haven't followed up with it, yet.

Blowpipe:
I don't have a hollow mandrel or any kind of blowpipe, yet. I was going to head to a auto brake store at lunch today to buy some stainless steel brake line. I read somewhere this will work for a hollow mandrel for blowing soft glass.

I'm not doing very well right now with my glass melting. I'm a complete newbie, but I'm determined to succeed in some fashion. After I get some sort of result with the blowing on the pipe, I'll let you know how it went. After I find who is selling points, I'll let you know. I'm pretty busy over the next couple days so I'm not sure when I'll get to it.

-BEP
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.