Lampwork Etc.

TrueDesign on Ebay

LE Live Chat

Enter Live Chat

No users in chat

The Flow

Beads of Courage

Go Back   Lampwork Etc. > Library > Boro Room

Boro Room -- For Boro-related tips, techniques, and questions.

Old 2011-09-30, 4:55am
I'm the 1000th poster!!

For some reason I thought you were working on a line of glass, like Serendipity with sparklies.

I might be the one needing coffee. LOL

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 2011-09-30, 9:18am
boro color bender

Yep... I am... it just didn't ring a bell that early... I have to fire up the boro furnaces again... the experiments went well and I made enough to play with (LOVE IT)... when I get it ready to sell, I'll be sure to announce it loud and clear.

"Truth is, everybody is going to hurt you; you just gotta find the ones worth suffering for." -Bob Marley
Old 2011-09-30, 10:58pm
Fire and Fluidity

For people with "burning through the mandrel" problems. Try working with a neutral to slightly reducing flame, if your colors will work that way. When you have an oxidizing flame, you essentially have a cutting torch. Steel loves to burn in oxygen!

"It all depends on how you look at things" said the Churkendoose.

Old 2011-10-06, 10:07am
funny mofo

Quote:
Originally Posted by fyrsmith View Post
For people with "burning through the mandrel" problems. Try working with a neutral to slightly reducing flame, if your colors will work that way. When you have an oxidizing flame, you essentially have a cutting torch. Steel loves to burn in oxygen!
I love learning the chemistry of glass and glass-related things! I hated chem in high school, liked it more when I took it as an adult, and now it fascinates me. If I'd known in high school that glass was chemistry I'd have been MUCH more interested!